Who You Are
You’re not just fluent in numbers; you know how to translate so others can join the conversation. You see in whole financial landscapes and individual brushstrokes with equal clarity. You’re a process-driven strategic thinker who’s comfortable as an active and vocal participant in high-level decision making, and you don’t sweat the details—you love them to death. You’re the Director of Finance we’ve been looking for and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As Director of Finance, you’ll take ownership for Madwell’s financial systems, ensuring that our operations, tools, and records are healthy and robust. In the immediate term, you’ll take on a leadership role, supervising our bookkeeper as you work closely with our CEO and leadership team to develop and refine systems; longer-term, you’ll be building out your team in keeping with your strategic vision for Madwell’s internal and client-related finances.
Specifically you’ll be:
- Managing all accounting operations, including billing, A/R, A/P, GL and counsel, cost accounting, inventory accounting, balance sheet, cash flow statement and revenue recognition
- Generating P+L statements, both internally and across specific client accounts
- Developing forecasts and overseeing financial planning for the business, including risk management
- Working with our client services team to onboard new accounts
- Ensuring our compliance with Federal and State laws and regulatory requirements with statutory bodies are met
- Liaising with our lawyers, CPAs, and our insurance company as required
- Designing and implementing new policies, including educating staff and maintaining accountability
- Detail-oriented by nature with proven strategic thinking and execution skills
- Fluency in accounting software (like Quickbooks Premier) with strong administration skills and an interest in staying up to speed on new technologies
- Someone who thrives in the face of high-stakes decision making and enjoys thinking creatively about the task at hand
- A strong leader and communicator who’s able to work across departments and disciplines
- The ability and willingness to develop the role—and develop with it
- A friendly, smart, objectively awesome human
Where You’ve Been
- 6+ years in accounting at an advertising agency (or similar service-based organization)
- Proven experience at a controller level (or similar position)
- Advanced degree (Masters or MBA) in Accounting preferred
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us why you want to work with Madwell
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at madwell.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.