Who You Are
You’re a knowledge seeker and culture consumer, endlessly curious and prone to falling down internet rabbit holes. Your pastime is people watching and you love figuring out why they do the things they do. You’re hands-on and love to dig into data, whether that’s human-data or number-data. And by some miracle, you found a way to turn all this into a career bringing brands and campaigns to life. You’re the Brand Strategist we’re looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
As a Brand Strategist, you'll join our recently established Insights & Experience team, a cross-discipline team spanning strategy, consumer insights, account planning, and UX.
Day-to-day, you’ll act as a strategist on client accounts in various stages of development, ensuring we create work that resonates with our clients’ customers. Whether crafting a brand positioning or uncovering the insight to drive the next campaign, you’ll work hands-on with your coworkers from other teams (specifically Design, Copy, Accounts, and Media Planning).
After onboarding and learning the Madwell way, we’ll expect you to be able to lead the strategy process as the solo strategist on an account with director-level support.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Positioning or repositioning brands for greater success in their category
- Developing ongoing campaigns or strategies to meet our clients yearly business goals
- Collaborating internally to spark creative ideas with other teams
- Planning and conducting primary field research (interviews, focus groups, etc.) and quantitative surveys
- Diving into data and analytics to identify meaningful insights
- Developing customer journey maps and segmentations
- Creating decks and presentations from beginning to end
- Presenting our team’s work to clients
- Working on business development projects or pitches for new clients
- A true and obsessive fascination with what makes people tick
- Experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights with a past record of successful brand or campaign launches
- Comfortable with all aspects of primary research: planning, crafting discussion guides, recruitment, screening, facilitation or moderation, reporting
- Desire to share your knowledge and process with others across the company
- Willingness to travel for client meetings, research, or to work with our Colorado team (not more than 10% of time)
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Keynote with an eye for design
- Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
- Proven success working in fast-paced, super-collaborative team environments
- A friendly, smart, objectively awesome human
We’re a small team that wears many hats. We’re looking for someone interested in spreading their wings outside of traditional brand strategy. Bring your existing skills and expertise and we’ll train you on the rest.
Where You’ve Been
- Three to six years of experience as a strategist or planner in an agency, consultancy, or in-house setting. (At least two of those years must be in from an ad agency.)
- Previous experience in CPG or better-for-you brands is helpful, but not required.
- That said, we care more about aptitude than perfection, and we always appreciate an unusual career trajectory. If you think you’d be a fit, tell us why—we want to hear your story.
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume or CV
- A link to your website and/or any relevant case studies.
- A cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell. Tell us why strategy is your thing and how you translate human insight into meaningful brands and campaigns.
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service agency based in Brooklyn. Get to know us at www.madwell.com
No phone calls or recruiters please.