Who You Are
You’re a well-rounded writer who loves a good strategic puzzle. You’ll read anything you can get your hands on and you have more ideas than you know what to do with. You love to work hard at what you love with people who do, too. You’re the copywriter we’ve been looking for, and we want you on our team.
What You’ll Do
You’ll join our small but mighty Colorado office, where you’ll write for every possible printed or pixelated surface. As part of the agency brain trust, you’ll dream up ideas big and small and see them over the finish line. That means you’ll be responsible for the quality and conceptual integrity of your work every step of the way, from seedling concept to proofing your words before anyone hits print, post, or share. And because we take a holistic view of the creative process, you’ll be working directly with our design, UX, social, production, accounts, strategy, and dev teams to do it.
Specifically, you’ll be:
• Converting strategic insights into compelling creative
• Producing long- and short-form copy
• Always be on tone, on brand, and on time
• Brainstorming campaign concepts
• Consistent with creative briefs and client demands
• Developing and adhering to brand guidelines
• Creating social media content across channels
• Contributing to new business pitches and proposals as needed
• Safeguarding the integrity of the language
• Combing through your work (and others’) for logic, grammar, and consistency
• Completing all assigned work on time
• Regularly providing status updates to managers
• Writing. Well. A lot. Fast.
• Ultimate command of the English language. Words salute you.
• Ability to effortlessly flex and bend your tone
• Comfortable representing yourself, your team, and your ideas
• The eager, stubborn resolve needed to come at a problem again and again
• Wise to the nature of writing in advertising (with the thick skin to prove it)
• Even-keeled under pressure
• A tireless work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose
• Still in possession of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” outlook on life
• Equal parts confidence, humility, and desire to learn
• Empathy. Kindness. Courtesy. Positivity. Proactivity.
• Be enjoyable to be around
• A few years here and there of professional writing experience
• Agency experience is preferred but not required
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency with offices in Brooklyn and Denver. We believe in interdisciplinary integration, creative cross-pollination, whisky, and wine.
How to apply:
• Your CV
• A nontraditional cover letter that involves exactly zero copy-paste. Write to us.
• A link to your portfolio
• Salary requirements
• We’re currently looking for a candidate who is willing to do freelance to full-time, to ensure it’s good fit for both you and us.