Who You Are
You’re meticulous and have a habit of combing through the details with care and delight. You’re well versed in employment best practice and current employment trends, and you’re in the know when it comes to the intricacies of state and federal employment laws. An innovator yourself: you are keen to develop policies that foster a happy, healthy ecosystem reflecting Madwell’s tiny little giant heart. You are the HR Director we are looking for and we are ready to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
As HR Director, you will be charged with motivating and developing 80+ Madwell staff in our Brooklyn and Colorado offices. You will work directly with our founders and with directors across departments to strengthen our workplace processes and compliance practices. Meanwhile, you’ll be the champion for our staff looking for guidance when it comes to areas like performance appraisals, benefits and compliance related questions and you will be their confidential contact.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Proactively supporting our managers through training they need to grow and advising managers across departments on HR policies and employee compliance.
- Auditing our current HR systems as the first step to developing an HR strategy (with specific initiatives and programs) to support our vibrant, fast-paced and high performance culture.
- Managing Madwell’s daily HR operations including, developing and maintaining confidential departmental staff files with requisite employee paperwork, pay-scale and new hire information; reviewing company benefits and instituting changes where fit.
- Reviewing updates in local laws, standards and government relations and see how they might apply to Madwell.
- Leading the total hiring process including: onboarding and offboarding process and managing the overall resourcing flows of the company.
- Internally, you’ll be leading the implementation of a company-wide formal performance review process and help with objective setting to provide support to our staff outside of their direct managers.
- Measuring overall employee satisfaction and company function as we grow, and provide strategies for improving these.
- Providing a confidential ear to employees and to provide counsel as issues arise.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of employment laws and their application at an individual and company level
- A proactive approach: you are keen to implement compliance programs company-wide
- Tact, discretion and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish, manage and maintain strong relationships
- Familiarity with different ATS programs
- An eye for detail and relentless follow through
- A focus on people: while compliance is great, it’s all about people in the end
Where You’ve Been
- 7+ years experience in human resources and/or conflict resolution ideally in an agency or creative agency setting.
Interested? Please Send Us
- Your CV
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell (indicate a specific question or topic if applicable)
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at madwell.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.