Who You Are
You’re a numbers person, naturally. Armed with your cool and calm organizational skills and a knack for process, you help projects come to life and stay on track. More than that you are able to connect the day-to-day functions with the overall picture. You’re the Senior Accountant we’ve been looking for, come on over and say hi.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Accountant at Madwell, you’ll cover the accounting functions of our New York and Colorado offices. With one hand on traditional functions like monthly and yearly close, reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable and the other serving the overall financial operations you will help to align our processes internally. You’ll be reporting to our Director of Finance.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Completing accounting functions at Madwell including bank reconciliation, invoicing and billing
- Assisting with preparation of both monthly and year end closes
- Strengthening and promoting our internal and external facing finance policies
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Maintaining expense and cash controls
- Communicating internally with account managers and producers
- Detail-oriented by nature, with strong execution skills and strategic thinking
- Solid working knowledge of accrual based accounting with full P&L and balance sheet experience
- Strong competency in Quickbooks Online and a mid-level Excel user (pivot tables and vlookups), as well as an interest in keeping up to speed in new technologies
- A friendly, smart, objectively awesome human with a roll-up-your-sleeves kinda approach
- A team player ready to work with our finance and operations team
Where You’ve Been
- 3+ years experience in finance operations and accounting in a creative agency or services setting
- Experience with production accounting a plus
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at madwell.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.