Who You Are
You have an untamed curiosity for marketing in today’s multi-media landscape. You’re constantly searching out (and creatively imagining) opportunities for smart disruption. You’re strategically minded, well-connected, and a researcher at heart. And you’re a process brain to boot: a builder, able to articulate and maintain a calm order to the pursuit of new business while working inside an ever-dynamic, fast-paced environment. You’re the Director of New Business we’ve been looking for. Come say hi.
What You’ll Do
As Director of New Business, you’ll be a leading driver of business growth at Madwell. You’ll develop the process and strategy for our new business program in alignment with our agency’s broader strategic direction. While you’ll report directly to the VP of Client Services and work closely with senior agency leaders, it’ll be you (yep, you) owning the approach new business at Madwell.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Creating and executing a proactive new business strategy, from identifying and researching future prospects through to developing disruptive outreach communications
- Leading agency response to RFPs and inbound new business opportunities
- Working to strengthen our overall narrative when it comes to pitch strategy, proposals, and articulation of our services and capabilities
- Strategically growing our client portfolio
- Working across our multidisciplinary teams in pursuit of agency-wide business goals
- Working with senior agency leadership to develop content that establishes Madwell as a thought leader
- Networking with potential clients at trade and industry events
- Establishing new business best practices and organizational structure alongside senior leadership
- Constantly seeking opportunities where Madwell can fill gaps in the marketplace
- Deep experience pitching and winning business with emerging and mid-size consumer lifestyle brands across a wide range of verticals
- Proven ability to manage up to senior agency leaders
- A confident and proactive approach—but not just a “salesperson”
- A driven curiosity for the marketing landscape
- A cool head under pressure, and the ability to have multiple wheels turning at once
- A strong point of view and the ability to defend it (and the great work that our agency produces) when needed
- Second-to-none communication skills
Where You’ve Been:
- 6+ years in a new business development role at a high-growth creative agency
- Proven team leadership experience
- A proven track record of growth
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
Get To Know Us
We’re Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.